All reviews on this blog are games played on actual hardware with the exception of Arcade games (MAME). Games are picked at random and reviewed by me. If you would like me to review a specific game, Email me. If I own it, I will review it.

Total games currently owned = 10747

Monday, November 26, 2018

Super SD System 3 Review



You can purchase this device at https://shop.terraonion.com/en/ for 240 Euros with shipping.  It comes out to roughly $300 US.  Option number two: you can buy from my favorite video game store https://stoneagegamer.com/ for $299 US plus shipping.  The advantage of buying it from Stone Age Gamer is that you get it shipped faster, and if there is an issue, you can call them for support.  I had a minor issue with the audio and they worked with me and found out it was a cable issue.  They gave me a free cable and a new unit!  So what does this thing do for $300?  Everything!  It first and foremost emulates the CD-ROM unit allowing PC Engine and Turbo Grafx 16 CDs to be played on either system (all region free).  The device plugs into the back of either a TG-16 or a PC Engine where the CD-ROM would plug in.  It has a micro SD (up to 256gb supported but 128gb is plenty of space) slot on the side to put the CD images on.  As if CD support wasn't enough, you can also read TG-16 and PC Engine HuCards from this device!  Oh yeah, and it has direct RGB out the back, using a Genesis / Megadrive 2 cable.  Also, it gets its power from the console so it requires no external power!  It also has no moving parts.  I forgot to mention that it has the PC Engine Arcade Card built in also and a handy green LED that flashes showing the loading from the SD card.  When you power the system on with the Super SD System 3 attached, it will take you to a menu system where you can load all your games.  This device works flawlessly and I would highly recommend it to anyone that is considering getting a DUO or a CD-Rom attachment.  Lets face it, this is the way most everyone will get to play all the exotic, expensive games that you can't afford.  Well worth the $300 investment.  Highly recommended! 

No comments:

Post a Comment