All reviews on this blog are games played on actual hardware with the exception of Arcade games (MAME). Games are picked at random and reviewed by me. If you would like me to review a specific game, Email me. If I own it, I will review it.

Total games currently owned = 10747

Monday, September 5, 2016

Final Soldier - PC Engine Review


PC Engine is known for its shooters, and this one does not disappoint. Fast paced, smooth, beautiful graphics, and superb music and sound.  You can select between normal, hard, and expert.  The difficulty settings on hard and expert are insane to play.  The thing that I like about this game is that there are ample power ups, yet there are not too many that it becomes confusing or just stupid like some other games.  You can access a setup menu where you can select what the power ups do, for example, missiles can be dumb fired or homing.  The game doesn't get boring during play with a mini boss and a main boss on every stage.  You also have the ability of setting 3 different speeds for your ship with the press of a button so you can do it while playing.  You don't  really have bombs like most games.  Instead you collect 2 companion ships that follow you and you can detonate them at any time to use as a bomb that wipes through the screen.  Very fun and challenging game overall.  I give it a solid 8 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment