All reviews on this blog are games played on actual hardware with the exception of Arcade games (MAME). Games are picked at random and reviewed by me. If you would like me to review a specific game, Email me. If I own it, I will review it.

Total games currently owned = 10747

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Keystone Kapers Atari 2600 Review







Another great game by Activision.  You play the role of a cop and you chase a robber.  You run faster than the robber so you can eventually catch him.  It would appear that you are in a shopping mall.  You have to avoid obstacles such as bouncing barrels, old fashioned radios to jump over, shopping carts, and remote control planes.  Something that adds to the game play is the fact that you can jump while running, jump while standing, and duck.  Hitting some objects will deduct from your score while others will take a life and start you back at the beginning.  Every time you get to the end of a level, you have to go up the escalator.  There are also elevators in the middle but you don't really have to ever use them until maybe the later levels.  The game is really fast paced and fun to play.  There is also a little radar on the bottom of the screen which I have seen in a few other Activision games.  Overall I give the game a 7 out of 10.  Very original and a quality game overall.  

No comments:

Post a Comment