All reviews on this blog are games played on actual hardware with the exception of Arcade games (MAME). Games are picked at random and reviewed by me. If you would like me to review a specific game, Email me. If I own it, I will review it.

Total games currently owned = 10747

Sunday, March 16, 2014

1943: The Battle of Midway NES Review



Shoot em up arcade port for the NES.  Awesome game.  I have many fond memories of this when I was a kid.  One of the best shoot em ups on the NES and easily one of the top 10 8-bit shoot em ups of all time.  You start out with 3 skill points that you can assign to various things like offensive power, defensive power, special weapon, etc.  This is one of those "you VS everyone else" type games.  You fight through a stage in the air and then a second part of the stage where you fly down to the sea and go against planes and ships on the sea.  There are different size planes that do different things as well as the ships.  At the end of each stage you fight a huge boss.  There are many hidden power ups that you can find in the game.  The game play is awesome, the graphics are awesome, and the music is awesome.  Top notch shooter on the NES!  I give this one a perfect 10.  There is nothing wrong with this game, it is perfect in every way.  If you own this game you will find yourself replaying it all the time.  I highly recommend it.  

1 comment: