All reviews on this blog are games played on actual hardware with the exception of Arcade games (MAME). Games are picked at random and reviewed by me. If you would like me to review a specific game, Email me. If I own it, I will review it.

Total games currently owned = 10747

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Radical Psycho Machine (RPM) Racing SNES Review


A feeble attempt to clone RC Pro-Am on the SNES.  I believe this was an early release game for the system.  I try to give every game I review a chance but this one is just painful to play.  It is mediocre at best.  What you see is basically what you get.  You race different tracks and try and win money to upgrade your car / truck.  The only issue with the game is the fact that the difficultly is so high that it makes the game frustrating and not even remotely fun.  The game is sluggish and very hard to control.  You also have a damage gauge and it is only half full when you start a race.  If you just slightly touch another car (which is almost impossible not to do) you lose a good portion off the damage gauge.  If you touch a wall, you also lose damage points.  When the gauge goes all the way down, you blow up and it takes like 5 seconds to re spawn.  Another thing is that I didn't find a button that would let you reverse and that becomes a problem.  You get to certain points where another car will hit you and make you stop, then you have to go up a hill or ramp and you can't because there is not enough speed.  What ends up happening is that you have to go up and roll back down like 2 or 3 times to build up enough speed.  Poorly planned out game in my opinion.  I give the game 2 stars out of 10.  Not a very good game overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment