All reviews on this blog are games played on actual hardware with the exception of Arcade games (MAME). Games are picked at random and reviewed by me. If you would like me to review a specific game, Email me. If I own it, I will review it.

Total games currently owned = 10747

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

No Escape! Atari 2600 Review







This game is an OK game.  Like I have said before, it is hard to find good Atari 2600 games.  You are a guy who can run back and forth and shoot a (kinda steerable) shot into the ceiling knocking bricks down.  The bricks fall and hopefully hit your enemies who move back and forth and get increasingly harder when you clear a stage.  If you hit the enemies instead of the ceiling, it will spawn another enemy.  You have a power gauge at the bottom of the screen and if you get hit by enemies shots of falling bricks, you lose power.  When you run out of power, the game is over.  After you shoot all the enemies on a level, you get points for how many bricks are left.  The game play is pretty smooth for a 2600 game and the graphics and sound are on par with other 2600 games.  It is a decent game to pick up every now and then and play.  I do have it on my 2600 regularly played shelf.  Overall I give it a 6 out of 10 stars.  I probably would have given it a 7 if there were more to it than just the shooting stage.  Maybe there is more to it and I have never made it far enough?  I am not sure  

1 comment:

  1. What's the point of the guy on the pegasus on the cartridge of the game? It has nothing to do with the description of the game you gave... odd...

    ReplyDelete