All reviews on this blog are games played on actual hardware with the exception of Arcade games (MAME). Games are picked at random and reviewed by me. If you would like me to review a specific game, Email me. If I own it, I will review it.

Total games currently owned = 10747

Saturday, December 12, 2020

Castlevania Legends - Game Boy Review

 



Yet another Castlevania game.  This one is not too bad.  Released in 1997 for the Gameboy with Super Gameboy enhancement.  You play the role of a female protagonist, with the main story being that she wants to bring peace to Transylvania.  I believe there are 5 stages, but there might be 6.  I only played through the first 2 stages.  The game plays like any other 2D Castlevania with a few quirks.  There are 2 power ups for your whip. The first increases the length, and the second will shoot a fireball.  The fireball from your whip will go through walls, which is very nice.  You can find items in the levels but it doesn't appear that you can use them.  I got an ax on the first stage but could not figure out how to use it.  The graphics for this game are pretty good for the Gameboy and the music is really good.  Game play is OK.  Honestly, it gets kind of repetitive after awhile, and the enemies re spawn if you go off the screen and come back.  Overall, I give this game a 6 out of 10.  It a bit above average, but nothing great about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment