All reviews on this blog are games played on actual hardware with the exception of Arcade games (MAME). Games are picked at random and reviewed by me. If you would like me to review a specific game, Email me. If I own it, I will review it.

Total games currently owned = 10747

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

I went to a moving sale around the block from my house a few days ago. I walked up and a guy came outside and said "everything is for sale inside the house" So I walked in and to a back enclosed porch area and spotted a Nintendo 64 controller and grabbed it. Nothing was priced but I overheard the guy saying "If you see anything make me an offer, everything's for sale." I immediately spotted a Turbografx 16 with a Legendary Axe HuCard in it so I grabbed that too. No power supply or RF cord but I snarfed it up quickly. I went into a den area and spotted an Intellivision which I also quickly grabbed. I looked around for a few more minutes and didn't see anything else worth while. I took the stuff to the guy and he said how about 10 bucks? Sold! I got back home and hooked up the Turbografx 16 with my Retron 3 power supply, which was the same specs and used my Atari 7800 RF cable. It powered up but just a white screen. I took the HuCard out, blew some dust out of the card slot and used some brass polish on the HuCard. It fired up to the main screen! I went on Ebay and bought a used Turbografx controller which is on the way so I can test it (fingers crossed). I don't have any Intellivision games but I plugged that in and it does power up as well as put out an RF signal. We will se what happens with that. The Intellivision is in pretty bad shape and the controllers look bad so I am not holding out too much hope for it. I will keep you posted as to what happens with both systems. I had several TG16's back in the day and it is a pretty fun system. I don't think I have ever played an Intellivision however. I am pretty stoked about the TG16 though. It was one of the systems I have been thinking about getting again along with the Sega Master System.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Sweet finds! I never played the TG16; what were favorite games on it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonks Adventure, Bonks Revenge, Blazing Lasers, Devils Crush, Alien Crush, Final Lap Twin. Those are a few of my favorites. Not to mention R-Type.

    ReplyDelete