All reviews on this blog are games played on actual hardware with the exception of Arcade games (MAME). Games are picked at random and reviewed by me. If you would like me to review a specific game, Email me. If I own it, I will review it.

Total games currently owned = 10747

Saturday, February 15, 2014

H.E.R.O. Atari 2600 Review



It is very hard to find good Atari 2600 games.  99 percent of them are crap.  This game is in the 1 percent of good.  In fact this game is pretty awesome.  It is one of my favorites on the system.  Made by Activision, which in case you don't know made the best games for the system.  The goal of the game is to save trapped miners while avoiding bats, snakes and other enemies.  You have a propeller strapped to you back so you can fly up or slow your descent.  You have a laser beam that you can fire a short distance by pressing the fire button.  You start each level with 5 bombs which you use to blow up walls by pressing down to drop them.  The game is fast paced and challenging.  The game play is awesome and graphics and sound are awesome for the 2600.  The only drawback to the game is you play the same levels over and over again.  It would have been awesome if they could have randomized the levels every time you started.  The game would have been perfect if it were randomized.  Overall I give it an 8 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment