All reviews on this blog are games played on actual hardware with the exception of Arcade games (MAME). Games are picked at random and reviewed by me. If you would like me to review a specific game, Email me. If I own it, I will review it.

Total games currently owned = 10747

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Popeye NES Review





This is an arcade port for the NES.  This is the best version of this game other than the arcade that I have seen.  It is an NES "black label" game with means it was one of the original launch titles.  The game plays identical to the arcade from what I could tell.  You play through 3 stages.  You catch hearts, musical notes, and letters that spell help from Olive Oyle.  You have to avoid Bluto and also a giant condor / eagle thing on the final stage.  You get 1 can of spinach per stage per life that you can use to go after Bluto or the eagle / condor thing. The game is pretty good for what it is.  I give it a 7 out of 10 overall.  Nothing really special about it.  It plays pretty well, however.

No comments:

Post a Comment