All reviews on this blog are games played on actual hardware with the exception of Arcade games (MAME). Games are picked at random and reviewed by me. If you would like me to review a specific game, Email me. If I own it, I will review it.

Total games currently owned = 10747

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Hyperzone SNES Review



This is an early release shoot em up for the Super Nintendo.  Other than the background scrolling fast taking advantage of the mode 7 scaling chip, the game is sluggish.  As you advance through the stages, you get faster ships but the difficulty increases making it the same.  It doesn't ever feel like you get ahead in this game.  The graphics, music, and sound are good for an early release game.  I made it to the 3rd stage and didn't see any power ups except for the 3rd stage when I got a new ship it had a charge shot feature.  You can use a brake to slow you ship down also and there are power strips that you run through to charge your power back up.  The game play is OK, not great.  The re playability of this game is not very good because it gets tedious and not very fun after a few stages.  Every time you play it is just the same thing over and over.  Overall, I give this game a 6 out of 10 stars.  

No comments:

Post a Comment