All reviews on this blog are games played on actual hardware with the exception of Arcade games (MAME). Games are picked at random and reviewed by me. If you would like me to review a specific game, Email me. If I own it, I will review it.

Total games currently owned = 10747

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Galaga Destination Earth PS1 Review








As a fan of the original Galaga for the arcade, I was skeptical about this remade version.  This is obviously a shoot em up.  The game is actually pretty decent.  You switch between 3 modes, vertical, side scrolling, and 3D.  The game play is pretty smooth and the graphics are really good for a PS1 game.  The music is awesome.  The switching between the modes keeps the game fresh and not boring.  OK, there are a few negative things about the game.  In 3D mode it is hard to see where your shots are going even though you have a square target thing to use.  The control is a little weird also.  The ship doesn't seem very responsive in any mode.  It seems sluggish and lethargic.  I am sure this was on purpose to make the ship move like the original arcade version.  Since this is a totally remade game and not a port, I feel the ship should have been faster and more responsive.  Another negative thing is that sometimes there is so much going on in the background that I found my eyes wandering on the background objects instead of the game.  Overall I give the game a 7 out of 10.  Certainly a very playable game that is fun and cool to pop in from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment