All reviews on this blog are games played on actual hardware with the exception of Arcade games (MAME). Games are picked at random and reviewed by me. If you would like me to review a specific game, Email me. If I own it, I will review it.

Total games currently owned = 10747

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Xevious Atari 7800 Review



This is a port of an arcade shoot em up.  It is a very good port.  It plays almost identical to the arcade version.  It has 1 or 2 player switching mode and 4 selectable skill levels, novice, intermediate, advanced, and expert.  The difficulty on novice is pretty hard.  The graphics and sound are fairly good for the 7800.  It is not a real fast paced shoot em up and can get really frustrating at times.  You shoot air targets and also ground targets.  When you press the button, you shoot both air shots and ground bombs at the same time.  I was using a Wico stick single button controller and not the 2 button 7800 controller.  Maybe with the 7800 controller you can control both independently? Overall all I give this arcade shoot em up port a 6 out of 10.  It is a decent game to play but nothing special.  It looks and plays pretty similar to the NES version.

No comments:

Post a Comment