All reviews on this blog are games played on actual hardware with the exception of Arcade games (MAME). Games are picked at random and reviewed by me. If you would like me to review a specific game, Email me. If I own it, I will review it.

Total games currently owned = 10747

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Enduro Atari 2600 Review


This is a really fun racing game.  I would say the best on the 2600.  Very smooth graphics and game play.  You start out having to pass 200 cars.  It is timed, so you can't go slow.  The cars appear at random places and it it your job to avoid them.  The control in simple; left and right, and fire button for gas.  You hold down the fire button to go faster and you let go to slow down.  There is no brake.  Scoring is simply your mileage which goes up quicker the faster you go.  As time progresses, you go from morning, to afternoon, to driving on snow, then back to dry pavement.  It then becomes dusk, night time, foggy night time, and then morning again.  The game has great replay value and is a must have in my opinion for anyone's 2600 collection.  Overall I give it a 8 out of 10.  I think it would have been a perfect game if the added braking control by pulling back on the joystick.

No comments:

Post a Comment