All reviews on this blog are games played on actual hardware with the exception of Arcade games (MAME). Games are picked at random and reviewed by me. If you would like me to review a specific game, Email me. If I own it, I will review it.

Total games currently owned = 10747

Friday, January 17, 2014

Jr. Pac Man Atari 2600 Review






PacMan and Ms PacMan had a baby.  Enter Jr. PacMan wearing a beanie.  This is an arcade port for the Atari 2600.  This is probably the best arcade port on the system.  The first PacMan on the 2600 was a huge failure.  Probably the worst game on the system.  They made up for it with this game.  It plays real smooth and the sound is surprisingly good for the 2600.  The screen scrolls up and down as you move.  It holds the same basic concept of any PacMan game.  You go around eating dots and avoiding the 4 ghosts.  You get the power pellets and the ghosts turn blue for a short period where you can eat them for points.  You then collect items that dance around the screen for points.  Do I really have to explain PacMan?  Anyway, there are good games on the 2600, you just have to dig deep for them.  I give this game an 8 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment