All reviews on this blog are games played on actual hardware with the exception of Arcade games (MAME). Games are picked at random and reviewed by me. If you would like me to review a specific game, Email me. If I own it, I will review it.

Total games currently owned = 10747

Thursday, January 16, 2014

U.N. Squadron SNES Review






This was one of my favorite shoot em ups when I was a teenager playing my SNES.  These days, I would not say it is one of my favorites.  It is a great game though.  It is a port of an arcade game called area 88.  It plays identical to the arcade version.  The beauty of the SNES at the time it came out was that it was up to par with most arcade games.  There were a ton of awesome arcade ports for the SNES but that's a different story.  The game is a side scroller.  You start out picking between 3 characters which I guess have different attributes, but they seem the same to me.  You can buy special weapons and better planes as the game progresses.  You get more money by shooting down planes and blowing up ground targets.  You also get score in addition to the money.  After you get to the end of a stage you fight a boss and then you can select your next stage.  You usually have the option to select between 3 or 4 stages.  The game has smooth animation, great sound and music, and awesome game play.  You can also pick between easy, normal, and hard modes.  If you like shoot em ups, I highly recommend this one.  Since it is a common game you can pick it up fairly cheap.  I give it a 8 out of 10 overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment