All reviews on this blog are games played on actual hardware with the exception of Arcade games (MAME). Games are picked at random and reviewed by me. If you would like me to review a specific game, Email me. If I own it, I will review it.

Total games currently owned = 10747

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Karate Kid NES Review

















This game is not very good for many reasons.  When you start the game you are in a Karate tournament stage where you fight 3 people.  This is literally stand in place and keep pressing kick while the other guy runs into your foot repeatedly.  After you take 6 seconds to beat that you go through an Okinawa stage where it is basically just run through the stage as fast as you can while avoiding the thugs that come at you.  I suppose you could take your time and build up score <shrug>.  There are bonus stages where you have to go into the doors in the huts.  It is really just a black void that is very awkward to make your character enter.  It is hard to explain, you just have to play to see what I am talking about.  You have 3 different bonus stages that randomly come up.  Swinging hammer, ice block break, and chopstick fly catch.  The bonus stages give you crane kicks and drum punches which work if you are standing still and press the jump or punch button.  The next stage is a little trickier because you are now in a typhoon where you are walking against the wind.  There are sticks and bird that run into you and knock you back.  You can still use the run as fast as you can through the stage strategy however.  Next stage is a rocky desert like stage with some increased difficulty.  I think after that is another tournament with the boss and I think you can stand in one spot and kick and have him run into your kicks just like the beginning of the game.  The game is not fun at all and gets boring very quick.  Overall I give it a 3 out of 10.  Maybe good for younger or non experienced gamers?

No comments:

Post a Comment