All reviews on this blog are games played on actual hardware with the exception of Arcade games (MAME). Games are picked at random and reviewed by me. If you would like me to review a specific game, Email me. If I own it, I will review it.

Total games currently owned = 10747

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Yoshi's Story N64 Review


I am not a big N64 fan.  I didn't really grow up with it so I didn't have one.  I moved on to the Playstation and kinda skipped the N64.  Now that I own one, I find that I don't care for a lot of the games or the awkward controller.  This game is a typical side scrolling platformer.  I guess it is supposed to be the sequel to Yoshi's Island on the SNES.  It plays very similar to that game.  The goal is to go through each world and eat 30 pieces of fruit to clear the level.  With all Yoshi games, of course you can eat enemies.  You have eggs after you eat an enemy that I guess Yoshi poops out?  You can use these eggs to throw at fruit trapped in bubbles or at enemies.  You can do a few special moves such as the "ground pound" which I find difficult to pull off. I also find it hard to control the Yoshi.  I played through the first stage and got really bored with the game.  It is kind of a cutesy game that I could see younger gamers playing.  It is not a horrible game, its just not for me.  Overall I give it a 5 out of 10.  No big deal, just an average platformer.

No comments:

Post a Comment