All reviews on this blog are games played on actual hardware with the exception of Arcade games (MAME). Games are picked at random and reviewed by me. If you would like me to review a specific game, Email me. If I own it, I will review it.

Total games currently owned = 10747

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Defender II NES Review





I never was a fan of this game.  This is just a port of the original arcade version.  It is a very good port.  The graphics are about as good as you can get on the NES for this game.  The game play is identical to the arcade version.  I can play this version and be satisfied as an arcade port.  Overall I give it 8 out of 10 stars.  The only reason it didn't get a 10 out of 10 is because the title screen music is ripped off from NES Baseball and after you press start it uses Mike Tyson's Punch-out music.  The other reason this game did not get a perfect score is the fact that the ships lasers are white instead of multi colored like the arcade version.  Maybe this game is supposed to be a mash-up of Stargate and Defender?

No comments:

Post a Comment