All reviews on this blog are games played on actual hardware with the exception of Arcade games (MAME). Games are picked at random and reviewed by me. If you would like me to review a specific game, Email me. If I own it, I will review it.

Total games currently owned = 10747

Monday, July 14, 2014

Raiden Trad Sega Genesis Review



Awesome shoot em up.  Probably the best on the Genesis.  There are only a handful on the Genesis anyway which is sad in itself.  This is an arcade port and it seems to be perfect.  The only thing that stinks about this version is that there is no two player mode.  The game is a top scrolling shooter with power ups.  You can switch between regular shot and laser shot.  Also you can switch between regular "dumb" missiles and homing missiles.  I believe there are 6 or 8 levels of power ups.  I am not sure how many levels there are though because I only make it to like the 4th.  There are 3 difficulty's, easy, normal, and hard.  Easy and Normal don't seem to be much different to me but the Hard setting is pretty challenging.  The game has decent graphics, music, and sound for the Genesis and the game play is great.  I recommend this game for any shoot em up fan.  Overall, I give it a solid 8 out of 10 stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment