All reviews on this blog are games played on actual hardware with the exception of Arcade games (MAME). Games are picked at random and reviewed by me. If you would like me to review a specific game, Email me. If I own it, I will review it.

Total games currently owned = 10747

Sunday, July 29, 2018

Violent Soldier - PC Engine Review



A pretty decent shooter on the PC Engine (there are a lot of them).  Its kind of like R-Type and Life Force had a baby.  The first few stages are pretty easy and then the difficulty picks up considerably after that.  Good sound, good graphics, decent power ups, and decent game play.  If you like shooters then you will probably like this horizontal shoot em up.  I did notice a little slow down when fighting one of the bosses however.  I think it is because every time your weapon hits a target, it displays a big blue circle where it hits for about 1.5 seconds.  This causes slow down when there are a lot of sprites on the screen.  Its minor, and doesn't really affect game play.  Overall, I give this game a 6 out of 10.  It is better than average but not super spectacular.

No comments:

Post a Comment