All reviews on this blog are games played on actual hardware with the exception of Arcade games (MAME). Games are picked at random and reviewed by me. If you would like me to review a specific game, Email me. If I own it, I will review it.

Total games currently owned = 10747

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Hunt For Red October NES Review



I guess you would this game a shoot em up.  It takes place underwater in a sub.  It is loosely based on the movie.  The game is alright, nothing really special.  It is pretty difficult and is also kind of repetitive.  There are power ups for your missiles, forward shooting and surface shooting.  You also can pick up repair power ups.  There is no time limit on the stages but you will slowly be forced forward.  You can take your time but not forever.  There are many tight squeezes in the many underwater obstacles you must overcome to advance.  Once you get the hang of the controls, it is not too bad.  Not one of my favorite games but it is OK I guess <shrug>.  Overall, I give it a 5 out of 10 stars.  Nothing special, just a typical NES game.

No comments:

Post a Comment