All reviews on this blog are games played on actual hardware with the exception of Arcade games (MAME). Games are picked at random and reviewed by me. If you would like me to review a specific game, Email me. If I own it, I will review it.

Total games currently owned = 10747

Monday, December 22, 2014

Gyruss NES Review



This is a port of an arcade title by the same name.  Almost every NES arcade port is solid and so is this one.  This is a really fun arcade shoot em up that is the raster version of the vector classic Tempest.  You are basically trying to make your way towards Earth and start off at Neptune.  Every 3 screens or so you get a challenging stage and then a boss to fight.  The enemies come from the sides of the screen and then they go into the middle.  Your ship rotates around the middle and shoots inward towards the enemies just like tempest.  You get a double shot power up and eventually start collecting bombs that you can launch.  The game itself is fun and gets harder as you go on.  The music is pretty decent and the graphics are not bad for the NES.  Game play ranks pretty high up on the scale with this one.  Re playability is good as I find myself wanting to play the game every so often.  If you like shoot em ups, check this one out for something a little different and fun.  Overall, I give it a 7 out of 10.   

No comments:

Post a Comment