All reviews on this blog are games played on actual hardware with the exception of Arcade games (MAME). Games are picked at random and reviewed by me. If you would like me to review a specific game, Email me. If I own it, I will review it.

Total games currently owned = 10747

Saturday, December 6, 2014

Phoenix Atari 2600 Review



Arcade port for the 2600.  Pretty decent game overall.  It is what you expect fast for a VCS game.  There are 4 stages.  The first is small "demon birds", the second stage is small "demon birds" but you can hold the fire button down for rapid shot.  The third stage is big "demon bird" with wings that you can shoot off and they grow back.  You get no points for shooting their wings so it is better to just kill them.  The 4th and final stage is a mothership with an alien in the middle that lowers on you as you try and kill it.  When you kill it, it resets to the first board.  The point of the game is score and that is it.  Overall, I give it a 6 out of 10 stars.  Pretty good graphics for the 2600 and great shoot em up game play.  The sound sucks and is super annoying though, that is a huge negative for the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment