All reviews on this blog are games played on actual hardware with the exception of Arcade games (MAME). Games are picked at random and reviewed by me. If you would like me to review a specific game, Email me. If I own it, I will review it.

Total games currently owned = 10747

Saturday, April 25, 2015

Double Dragon NES Review



This is a port of an arcade game of the same name.  They did a pretty good job translating this game to the NES.  There is a different kind of element to this version where you get experience points in addition to your score.  Each time you reach a certain point level, you get a heart and level up.  Leveling up gives you a new special move with every heart.  You can get a headbutt, a jump kick, and the ability to knee you opponent in the head and throw them to name a few.  There are two difficulty modes that make the game challenging and boss fights at the end of each level.  There is also a mode that allows you to fight against a second player like a fighting game such as Street Fighter 2.  Overall, the game play is fun and the graphics are great for the NES.  The music in this game is also pretty cool.  It has a funky kind of vibe to it.  I give the game a 7 out of 10 overall.  It would have gotten a higher rating but the amount of glitches in the game bring the rating down for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment