All reviews on this blog are games played on actual hardware with the exception of Arcade games (MAME). Games are picked at random and reviewed by me. If you would like me to review a specific game, Email me. If I own it, I will review it.

Total games currently owned = 10747

Saturday, October 22, 2016

Outrun - PC Engine Review


Not too shabby of an arcade port for the PC Engine.  There are better versions for consoles but this one is solid.  If you have ever played the arcade game, the purpose is to go from check point to check point within the allotted time.  There are five possible outcomes with five different endings.  Game controls are simply gas, brake, and high / low for shifting, and of course left and right.  This version plays and looks very similar to the arcade.  Sound is on par for the PC Engine and graphics are good as well.  The only complaint I have is that it seems the graphics are a little too bright.  Overall, it gets a 7 out of 10.  Solid arcade port.

No comments:

Post a Comment