All reviews on this blog are games played on actual hardware with the exception of Arcade games (MAME). Games are picked at random and reviewed by me. If you would like me to review a specific game, Email me. If I own it, I will review it.

Total games currently owned = 10747

Monday, June 9, 2014

Ferrari Grand Prix Challenge



There are a multitude of racing games on the NES and most of them are pure crap.  This one is not too bad.  Number one, the music is awesome in this game, some of the best on the NES.  The game plays pretty well.  It is not overly hard or easy, very good balance.  I can't stand other racing games where you are in like 3rd place and you crash and are all of a sudden in like 26th place.  You have a variety of different tracks to race with each having its own challenges.  There are oil slicks on the track and a pit stop feature that is pretty cool.  The graphics are pretty decent for the NES and the music is great.  If I had to choose between a lot of the other racing games on the NES and this one, I would pop this one in if I had a racing hankering.  The only thing that bothers me is that it seems like the computer cars that you race against never have to use the pit stop.  Overall, I give this game a 7 out of 10 stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment