All reviews on this blog are games played on actual hardware with the exception of Arcade games (MAME). Games are picked at random and reviewed by me. If you would like me to review a specific game, Email me. If I own it, I will review it.

Total games currently owned = 10747

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Twin Cobra Sega Genesis Review



This game does not use any "blast processing".  It is a slow shoot 'em up.  Not too bad of a game in my opinion.  It reminds me of Raiden a lot, almost a sister game to Raiden.  I am not 100 percent sure but I think this is an arcade port.  There are not too many good shoot 'em ups on the Genesis but this one is pretty good.  It is your standard "you vs everyone else" style game.  Power ups are shot upgrades, bombs, and switchers that switch between bullets, lasers, and some weird blue plasma type weapon.  There is a configure option menu on the title screen that lets you switch difficulty, how many lives you start with, what scores give you a free life, and background music.  The music and sound effects in this game are pretty decent for the Genesis and the graphics are about what you would expect from an arcade port shoot 'em up.  This is not a game I would play all the time but is fun from time to time to throw in and play for about 30 min to an hour or so.  Overall, I give this one a 7 out of 10.  Check it out for sure if you love shoot 'em ups like I do, but don't get your hopes up too much because I wouldn't even put this one in the top 20 of shoot 'em ups.  

No comments:

Post a Comment