All reviews on this blog are games played on actual hardware with the exception of Arcade games (MAME). Games are picked at random and reviewed by me. If you would like me to review a specific game, Email me. If I own it, I will review it.

Total games currently owned = 10747

Friday, June 20, 2014

Dig Dug 2 NES Review



While the concept of this game is kind of cool, the game is horrible.  I was and am a huge fan of the original Dig Dug.  This game is lacking the simplicity of the original.  Its like they tried to make it more challenging but at the same time made it too simple.  This version takes place above ground and on a tiny island which is different every stage.  You still have your air pump to pump up enemies and explode them.  You also have a drill like thing to drill cracks in four directions and try to take out sections of the island.  You can kill the enemies easier by just pumping them up.  If you drop a piece of island with enemies on it you get a higher score for the kill however.  The game is repetitive and boring and not very fun at all.  If you are going for score (which is the point of the game), it becomes a huge chore to even play.  Once a game becomes a chore, it is no longer fun.  Also, there are the same enemies from the first one.  Overall, I give this game a 2 out of 10.  Just a poor job on game, period.   

No comments:

Post a Comment