All reviews on this blog are games played on actual hardware with the exception of Arcade games (MAME). Games are picked at random and reviewed by me. If you would like me to review a specific game, Email me. If I own it, I will review it.

Total games currently owned = 10747

Friday, January 1, 2016

Wonderboy - Sega Master System Review



A direct port of the arcade game of the same title.  This is a forced scrolling platformer.  The point of the game is to clear each zone by running through it as fast as you can while avoiding enemies and collecting fruit to keep your health up.  You can jump or shoot once you get the stone axe power up.  If you hold down the shoot button and press the jump button, you get a higher jump.  There is also a skateboard power up that allows you to go faster.  The game play is ok, nothing great.  A typical platform style game for the time.  Almost identical to the Adventure Island series on the NES.  Overall, I give the game a middle of the road 5 stars, nothing too great about it but it also doesn't suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment